The AWSS is a six series regatta hosted around different Auckland sailing clubs upcoming are:
The fifth regatta in the six-stage Auckland Winter Sprint Series (AWSS) takes place at Kohimarama Yacht Club on Saturday 27th August.
Please note that the last race in the series will be incorporated into the MBSC Icebreaker on 17 Sept 2022.
So, dust off those winter blues and get involved in one of Auckland’s most iconic winter sailing events! It’s fun and competitive and there’s no better or safer way for your young sailors to test themselves in winter conditions.
The AWSS is open to all boats of Optimist (Green and Open fleet) and entry is fee is $20 and payable at the respective club on the day.
Please be aware that only competitors who have paid the entry fee and are members of NZIODA will be eligible for inclusion.
As always any parents wishing to assist will be greatly appreciated. For further clarification on any of these matter contact Luke Jenkins on 0276 446755.
12.00 pm Registrations Open
12.30 pm Race Briefing by KYC
1.30 pm Race Start
Check out the dedicated facebook page for this event here.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Best wishes from the NZ International Optimist Dinghy Association
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Guides – Download everything you need to know about OPTI
- “It all starts here!” A Guide for New Optimist Parents
- “Your on your way” A Guide for White and Open Optimist Parents
- Congratulations, You’re Representing New Zealand!
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2022/2023 Season – open to all fleets
- Dates are now up on our Events Page