IODA Travelling Teams to Worlds, Euros and Asian and Oceanian Championships are chosen from your overall ranking for the season.
The NZIODA overall ranking is determined by ordering all sailor’s Ranking Scores from the lowest to the highest. The lowest score receives a ranking of 1, the next 2 and so on until all sailors have been ranked.
The NZIODA overall ranking score is calculated based on your placings in TWO NZIODA Ranking Regattas over the season.
These are made up of:
(1) 30% of your total ranking score comes from ONE NZIODA Ranking Regatta.
(2) 70% of your total score comes from the NZIODA Toyota Optimist Nationals. The Nationals are held at Easter each year. See our events calendar for venue and dates.
If you placed 40th at the Interislander and 20th at the Nationals then your NZIODA score would be:
(40 x 30%) from the Ranking Regatta + (20 x 70%) from the Nationals = 12 + 14 = 26 (Total Score)
This score is then ranked with all other sailors scores to provide the season’s ranking.
- If all sailors have the same score their place in the NZIODA Toyota Optimist National Championship is used to break the tie.
- If the NZIODA Toyota Optimist National Championship is not sailed the Ranking Regatta score is used alone.
- If the Ranking Regatta is not sailed, then the NZIODA Toyota Optimist National Championship score is used alone.
The Girls and Boys Development Teams are based entirely on the results of the NZIODA Toyota Optimist National Championship.
You must be logged in to post a comment.