This event took place last weekend at the Charteris Bay Yacht Club. It was great to see a keen sailor from Nelson Sailing Club make the trip south to participate alongside the local sailors from Charteris Bay.
Conditions were excellent with warm sunny days and reasonably light winds allowing all 6 races in the series to be sailed.
Thanks to Scott Chisholm, not only for being a superb Race Officer, but also for this great shot of the action.
Look out for the South Island Optimist Champs next season which will be held in Sunny Nelson as part of the ‘Top of the South’ Regatta in December, 2022.
Best wishes from the New Zealand International Optimist Dinghy Association,
Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022
Registrations are OPEN
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Guides – Download everything you need to know about OPTI
- “It all starts here!” A Guide for New Optimist Parents
- “Your on your way” A Guide for White and Open Optimist Parents
- Congratulations, You’re Representing New Zealand!
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2022/2023 Season – open to all fleets
- More information coming SOON!!
- NZIODA Ranking Regatta 2021//2022 Season
- Click here to check out the NZIODA All you Need to Know About Planning & Entering NZIODA Ranking Regattas and Your 17 Step by Step Guide to Entering a Regatta for the 1st time