Please find refinements to the White Fleet information.
The introduction of this new fleet as fulfilling two roles:
1 – To be a transitional fleet for sailors that enjoy competitive racing, and
2 – Allow sailors to continue sailing while enjoying the mate-ship, comradery and social aspects of sailing.
While the details may change over time the intent is that the White fleet will:
- Not be ranked
- Take part in regattas with fewer races and / or shorter regatta days and / or shorter races. The race authority will have the flexibility to choose which option / or options best suit.
- Be a fleet for Green Fleet sailors to move into, bridging the current Open to Green fleet gap
- Be self-selecting, there will not be fleet entry criteria and sailors can swap between White or Open fleets as they wish i.e. A Sailor can choose which fleet they would like to sail in (White or Open) for any regatta
- Celebration of success within this class through placings and prizes for overall and female sailors will occur like current Green and Open fleets
- Still Racing Score time limits will be extended
- White fleet sailors won’t be eligible for NZIODA travelling or Development Teams
- Emphasis will be on learning and engagement