In 2010 a group of five Optimist parents passionate about the class and its sailors got together, bid for, won, and organised the 2011 Optimist Worlds in Napier. This international regatta was a huge success and with the residual funds the OWNZ Trust was set up.
From this fund the OWNZ group then went on to gift 6 OWNZ Boats (as they are known) to be made available to hire for all NZIODA registered sailors who have paid their membership and who reside outside of the Auckland region. These are available at Auckland Regattas as well as the North Island Clinic.
Early bookings are advised to avoid disappointment.
Please click here for further information and to reserve your boat for the 2022/2023 season.
Best wishes from the NZ International Optimist Dinghy Association
- Please note that all invoices are due NOW for the upcoming season
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Guides – Download everything you need to know about OPTI
- “It all starts here!” A Guide for New Optimist Parents
- “Your on your way” A Guide for White and Open Optimist Parents
- Congratulations, You’re Representing New Zealand!
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2022/2023 Season – open to all fleets