It is with great privilege that I become your NZIODA President. Firstly, thanks to the work that Anatole Perry (RAYC) and the rest of the Committee have achieved in what we can all say has been a tough few years for our organisation. With a new NZIODA Committee in place (we have 11 members) representing over 60% of all optimist sailors in New Zealand with borders opening, now is a good time for a reset and to start to look to the immediate and longer term future of optimist sailing.
One of my goals is to develop a strategic plan for the next 2 years, and then using the skills and experience of the Committee set up a number of Sub-Committees to advance the strategy in addition to the existing Development Committee. My initial thoughts are around the following themes.
- Financially Sustainable Organisation that provides value to all members:
- Strong and diverse membership base with fleet representation across the regions
- The organisation and associated events are run in a sustainable manner
- Build greater sailing experience for all members
- Effective Governance
On a personal note I look forward to meeting sailing families at the various regattas, training and clinic events throughout New Zealand.
Michel de Vos
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Guides – Download everything you need to know about OPTI
- “It all starts here!” A Guide for New Optimist Parents
- “Your on your way” A Guide for White and Open Optimist Parents
- Congratulations, You’re Representing New Zealand!
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2022/2023 Season – open to all fleets
- Dates are now up on our Events Page