It is with regret that the NZIODA committee has made the difficult decision NOT to send a team to the Asian Oceania Regatta this year.  They have also decided NOT to send the development teams to the Noumea Nationals this year.

This will come as no surprise to many as the on-going situation that the world faces with the COVID 19 Pandemic continues. New Zealanders are currently being told not to travel overseas at this time and the New Caledonia government has announced that their border will remain closed until 31 October which is after the New Caledonia nationals event.  This advice from our government, as well as not being able to re-enter our country easily, an inability to get insurance for travel, and not being able to employ coaches to travel with teams, has made this decision necessary.

We are aware that this will be very disappointing news for many of our young sailors.  The committee is currently communicating with AIODA (Australian IODA) to try to take advantage of the Trans Tasman bubble to provide opportunities for our sailors later in the year and we will keep you informed as decisions are made around this.

NZIODA Committee

search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close