Ranking News

  • 2020 Rankings, AGM, and the Way Forward
    Greetings Sailors and Families NZIODA proposing their Nationals be held in November has been well received and supported. Aided with the flush of online creativity ever eager Optimists continue to brush up sailing theory through videos and have been found secretly building super fitness in their gym bubbles. Hope remains the upcoming Wellington event (Nov 6th to 9th), using large quantities of salt water, remember that stuff, will be a great festive occasion. Encouragement is given for sailors to enter the white fleet as the class hopefully winds into the new season. Taking heed, means progressive greenies, sailors who have been … Continue reading 2020 Rankings, AGM, and the Way Forward
  • 2019/2020 final season rankings
    Obviously an unprecedented situation but we know  for a number of you it’s been a disappointing way to end our Optimist season stuck in lockdown. If you are not a current paid NZIODA member you will not appear on the NZIODA season ranking list. Only NZIODA members are eligible to gain a ranking and thus be selected for Travelling Teams or Development Squads. If for any reason you haven’t registered, it is not too late to do so. Sailor registration can be completed here. NZIODA Registration v’s QR Tags For clarification, when a sailor registers you must both complete the seasons registration form and pay the registration fee. The first season they register your … Continue reading 2019/2020 final season rankings
  • 2019/20 Rankings after Interislander
    Rankings after the third NZIODA ranking regatta, held at Queen Charlotte Yacht Club, Picton. The best two ranking regattas to count towards the sailors overall ranking, making up 20% each ( 40% total) plus Nationals (60%). Full ranking calculations can be found here and team selection criteria can be found here. Well done to all sailors that competed and we look forward to seeing you all at the 2020 Toyota Optimist Nationals, hosted by Worser Bay Boating Club in Wellington which will decide who is the national champion and the final rankings – Entry can be made here. May thanks … Continue reading 2019/20 Rankings after Interislander
  • 2019/20 Rankings after Auckland Championships
    Rankings after the second NZIODA ranking regatta, Auckland Championships held at Maraetai. The best two ranking regattas to count towards the sailors overall ranking, making up 20% each ( 40% total) plus Nationals (60%). Full ranking calculations can be found here and team selection criteria can be found here. Well done to all sailors that competed and we look forward to seeing you all at the Interislander Regatta which will be the next NZIODA ranking regatta – find out more here.
  • 2019/20 Rankings after North Island Championships
    Rankings after the first NZIODA ranking regatta held North Island Championships at New Plymouth. The best two ranking regattas to count towards the sailors overall ranking, making up 20% each ( 40% total) plus Nationals (60%). Full ranking calculations can be found here and team selection criteria can be found here. Well done to all sailors in trying conditions and we look forward to seeing you all at the Opti Team Cup – Auckland, which is a requirement for Travelling Teams selection and Auckland Championship regatta, the next NZIODA ranking regatta – find out more here.
  • Change to 2019/20 Season Ranking Criteria
    NZIODA Committee have reviewed the 2018/19 season and in particular the ranking criteria. After this review and feedback it has received the Committee has deemed that the move to two (2) ranking regattas and the nationals which was intended to reduce cost through a reduction of ranking regattas didn’t achieve this aim and had unintended consequences in which it meant that Nationals effectively determined the sailor rankings for the season. The Committee has voted to revert the ranking system back to the previous system of three (3) ranking regattas (best two (2) to count at 20% each) plus the nationals … Continue reading Change to 2019/20 Season Ranking Criteria
  • Final 2018/2019 Rankings
    Attached are the final NZIODA ranking for the 2018/2019 season. Well done to all sailors, it has been a very competitive year with 152 sailors ranked across the season.
  • National Rankings 2015/16 *UPDATED*
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close