IODA Travelling Teams and the Girls Development Team are chosen from your overall ranking for the season.
The NZIODA overall ranking is determined by ordering all sailor’s Ranking scores from the lowest to the highest. The lowest score receives a ranking of 1, the next 2, and so on until all sailors have been ranked.
The NZIODA overall ranking score is calculated based on your placings in TWO NZIODA ranked regattas over the season. These are made up of:
- 30% of your total ranking score comes from ONE NZIODA Ranking Regatta. The ranking regatta for the 2021/22 season will be the InterIslander Regatta held in February in Picton.
- 70% of your total score comes from the NZIODA Optimist Nationals. The Nationals for the 2021/22 season will be held in April at Napier.
If you placed 40th at the Interislander and 20th at the Nationals then your NZIODA score would be: (40 x 30%) from the Ranking Regatta + (20 x 70%) from the Nationals = 12+14= 26 (Total Score).
This score is then ranked with all other sailor scores to provide the season’s ranking.
- If two sailors have the same score their place in the National Championship is used to break the tie.
- If the National Championship is not sailed the Ranking Regatta score is used alone.
- If the Ranking Regatta is not sailed, then the National Championship score is used alone.
- The Noumean Development Squad is based entirely on the results of the National Championship