Recycled Optimist Parts and Equipment
2022 IODA Championships
- 2022 Asian & Oceanian Championship, Korea – 25th April – 5th May
- 2022 World Championship, Bodrum, Turkey – 4th July – 14th July
- 2022 European Championship, Sondenborg, Denmark – June 25 – July 2 or July 30 – August 6th
IODA AGM 2020
Here are some of the highlights of the 2020 AGM from President, Kevin Whitcraft’s report:
- IODA increased our communication to our Members and stakeholders throughout the year with Monthly Newsletters, Member Messages and Announcements, and Surveys for Members, Builders and event attendees for their feedback with the view of improving our services.
- We continued to modernize and improve efficiencies with the updating of features in our event microsites as well as introducing the Paperless Measurement System at our events and the introduction of the mobile APP.
- IODA invested last year in strengthening our builder relationships through increased dialogue and builder feedback. A total of eight builder inspections were completed last year to ensure the integrity of our one-design class. We also approved the moulds of three new builders.
- The development of Optimist sailing is a major goal for IODA. Late in 2019 IODA signed a partnership agreement with the Asian Sailing Federation (ASAF) to produce coaching clinics together over the next 4 years. Unfortunately, COVID 19 has not allowed us to implement the clinics this year.
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility are values that the Optimist Class feel very strongly about. This year IODA launched a co-branded version of the World Sailing Sustainability Education Program consisting of 6 topics to our members. Our members also generously responded to the devastating effects on the host nation of the 2019 North American Championship in Nassau, BAH from hurricane Dorian. Many of the participants in the championship lost everything. A number of Members generously donated boats and McLaughlin Boat Works stepped up to help out in a major way.
- Providing a safe environment for our Opti sailors is also an area that IODA feels strongly about. This past year IODA Launched its’ “Code of Conduct” for sailors, volunteers, event organizers, coaches, and parents. Keeping the Opti environment safe and inclusive is important to keeping girls in the sport, another very important focus of IODA.
- Delivering our IODA Events with a very high standard is a fundamental cornerstone of IODA. Providing the best possible services and consistency for our World and Continental Championship from year to year is very important to the class. We implemented event surveys to obtain the feedback we need to improve our event delivery. The introduction of the Mobile App was a major accomplishment, which has extended our reach to our members, families, and friends around the globe during our IODA Events.