Let’s demystify the Opti Age …
Your opti age is the age you are on the 31st December of that year. For example: if you turn 12 on the 12th December you are considered Opti Age 12 for the year.
A skipper can only race Optimists until December 31st in the year they turn 15. On December 31st of that year, they are what’s called “aged out” of the Optimist Class and can no longer race the boat. In addition competitive sailors are rarely over 50 kgs.
Best wishes from the NZ International Optimist Dinghy Association
Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022
Registrations are OPEN
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Guides – Download everything you need to know about OPTI
- “It all starts here!” A Guide for New Optimist Parents
- Congratulations, You’re Representing New Zealand!
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2022/2023 Season – open to all fleets
- More information coming SOON!!
- NZIODA Ranking Regatta 2021//2022 Season
- Click here to check out the NZIODA All you Need to Know About Planning & Entering NZIODA Ranking Regattas and Your 17 Step by Step Guide to Entering a Regatta for the 1st time
You must be logged in to post a comment.