Thank you to all of our members who attended an NZIODA Clinic this summer whether it was at the beautiful Queen Charlotte Sounds in the South Island or the stunning North Shore in Auckland.
A huge thank you to our two hosting clubs: Wakatere Boating club in the north and Queen Charlotte Yacht Club in the south. We couldn’t have done it without you and really appreciate all of the work put in behind the scenes to make the clinics such a success. A big thank you to all the parents and supporters who pitched in and gave their time to help with feeding sailors, fueling and ferrying RIBS, and the great trolley – boat puzzle that takes place each day.
This year certainly threw up some logistical challenges with Covid-19 making it necessary to make a quick change from the usual live-in clinic to a daily drop off. Let’s hope that next year we will be able to go back to the beautiful Eastern beach venue in the north, and Wainui in Akaroa Harbour in the south.
In the meantime thanks to Kim Buchanan (Head Coach for the South Island Clinic) for the wonderful memories created in this video that captures what it was like to attend the 2021 South Island Clinic.
Best wishes from the NZ International Optimist Dinghy Association
Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022
Registrations are OPEN
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Guides – Download everything you need to know about OPTI
- “It all starts here!” A Guide for New Optimist Parents
- Congratulations, You’re Representing New Zealand!
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2022/2023 Season – open to all fleets
- More information coming SOON!!
- NZIODA Ranking Regatta 2021//2022 Season
- Click here to check out the NZIODA All you Need to Know About Planning & Entering NZIODA Ranking Regattas and Your 17 Step by Step Guide to Entering a Regatta for the 1st time