This notice is regarding all IODA events to be held in 2022 and the NZIODA Committee are requesting your feedback as parents.
If your sailor was offered a place on an NZIODA Team to attend any IODA event would you accept?
Travel will be subject to Covid related travel restrictions being eased as currently foreseen (i.e. no MIQ) and also require a parent or guardian to attend with each sailor. Naturally this increases the financial commitment to families, with the total cost for both sailor and parent likely to be in the ballpark of $20,000. These costs include entry fees which are required to be paid by NZIODA prior to sailor selection and at this stage are non-refundable by the organising committee. It also comes with all of the inherent risks involved with travelling in a pandemic.
Due to the short time frame for acceptance, the added uncertainty of overseas travel, NZIODA’s commitment to paying entry fees and to streamline the selection process NZIODA are seeking feedback from sailors and their families who are aiming for a top 35 or better position in the open fleet.
Specifically, we would like to hear from you on whether you are likely to accept the offer or reject the offer and if so under what circumstances. This is also an opportunity to ask questions, so that should sailors be successful they are much better informed at the time of offers being made. Feedback is non-binding and regardless of individual feedback, offers will be made in accordance with the selection criteria.
Please provide your feedback or questions by filling in this google form no later than 31 January.
Thank you for your continued support and best wishes to all sailors vying for a position on one of the travelling teams.
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- We are on the hunt for a new home for our OWNZ Boats – please contact us if you can help.
- Do you know someone who should be an NZIODA Life Member? Click here for more information. Nominations close 1st February 2022
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season – open to all fleets
- Registrations for South Island Clinic now closed
- Registrations for North Island Clinic now closed
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022