The NZIODA Committee have been informed by IODA that the dates for the 2022 Optimist World Championship in Bodrum, Turkey has been revised to 27 June to 7 July 2022.
Also, IODA have informed NZIODA that due to the insurgence of the COVID Omicron variant in Korea and around the world and the challenges with international travel as a result, the 2022 Optimist Asian & Oceanian Championship will NOT take place as scheduled from 29 April to 6 May until later in the year. Dates to be confirmed.
The NZIODA Committee have taken the decision in light of the above changes to alter the ranking criteria for entry into IODA events for 2022 and the results of both Interislander and Nationals will count towards selection.
With this weeks’ announcement of NZ going to RED in the local traffic light system, we yet face disruption to our ranking regattas. How we operate Regattas under the Red light is under review now and will continue to be looked at in the coming weeks.
NZIODA will work to provide timely advice to keep you informed as the national situation develops, and how this is going to impact our local Community.
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- We are on the hunt for a new home for our OWNZ Boats – please contact us if you can help.
- Do you know someone who should be an NZIODA Life Member? Click here for more information. Nominations close 1st February 2022
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season – open to all fleets
- Registrations for South Island Clinic now closed
- Registrations for North Island Clinic now closed
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022