Want to support our youth and be part of the wonderful team that helps keep the Optimist Class afloat?
Are you a part of the Opti scene, or have been in the past, and would like to give back to the wonderful sport of sailing and earn a little pocket money?
Have you ever thought of becoming a class measurer?
Now is your chance to come forward and make yourself known!! We are looking for volunteers to join the crew and help young sailors in their region by becoming class measurers. You do not need to be experienced in this area, all you need is an interest in the sport and a willingness to learn. All new measurers will receive an introduction and training from Opti legend, and our chief measurer, Bob Witham.
It would be wonderful to hear from you! Please register your interest by clicking on and filling in this form.
If you have any questions that can’t be answered via this form then please email email@example.com and we will do our best to answer them.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- We are on the hunt for a new home for our OWNZ Boats – please contact us if you can help.
- Do you know someone who should be an NZIODA Life Member? Click here for more information. Nominations close 1st February 2022
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season – open to all fleets
- Registrations for South Island Clinic now closed
- Registrations for North Island Clinic now closed
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022