We’re absolutely thrilled to announce the release of some amazing FREE resources for young sailors, parents and caregivers!
NZIODA, in conjunction with Santa’s little helpers, have been working incredibly hard behind the scenes! The resources are a ‘thank you’ to you, our fabulous members, and also, well, just because it’s Christmas!
We launched our LTR and Green Fleet Handbook – It All Starts Here: A Guide for New Optimist Parents earlier this season, with resource guides on
and if you enjoyed those, we know you’ll love what we have lined up for you next. Our Guide for NZIODA Development and Representatives Teams
So what have we got for you?
- Ever wanted to know what the Team Leader does? You’ll have everything covered for the role and for travelling overseas; checklists for registration, race day pre-launch and returning to land on race day. And, of course, that all-important Team Bag checklist.
- To all those who charter a boat overseas, we’ve created the NZIODA Sailor Checklist Charter Boat Set Up to get young sailors into good habits of running through a checklist when heading out to a venue and then what they need for pre-launching.
- Don’t worry parents – we have you covered as well. There’s so much for you to remember in the build-up to a regatta, so we’ve put together the ultimate guide for you around charter boat and daily boat set ups.
- What else? As every event is different, how about an NZIODA IODA Event Sailing Equipment Checklist and NZIODA Checklist for Spare Gear for the coach boat – to ensure all those mishaps on the water can be catered for during domestic or international racing.
- And finally, we’ve got an NZIODA Overseas Regatta Packing List, Information Sheet on Uniforms and Trader Goods for Events, and Consent for International Travel and Medical Care, which covers everything that your young sailor will need when travelling domestically and internationally – particularly if they’re travelling without a parent or caregiver, plus advice on trading clothing and consent forms for any medical care.
It really is everything you’ll need for the year ahead and beyond. Any enquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Let’s get ready to Opti!
Best wishes from the NZ International Optimist Dinghy Association
PS – Coming soon “Welcome to White/Open Fleet Handbook”
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- Do you know someone who should be an NZIODA Life Member? Click here for more information. Nominations close 1st February 2022
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season – open to all fleets
- Registrations for South Island Clinic now closed
- Register here for Auckland, 11th to 14th January 2022
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022