Thank you for your patience as we are busy behind the scenes working through the government guidelines for running regattas and clinics safely in covid times. I am sure that you can appreciate the challenge we have with our planning and the need to stay flexible with this up until the last minute as the situation continues to evolve. The NZIODA committee are keen to get sailors on the water as much as possible this season however their safety is our primary concern.
With this in mind the committee met last week and have made a number of decisions:
- As yacht clubs are advising us that attendees at their events aged 12 and over will be required to provide proof of full vaccination (Parents included) we are advising you to start planning for this now with your family. This will commence as soon as the traffic light system is instigated, which could be as early as December. We are still awaiting direction from the government about the rules for those under the age of 12.
- At this stage we are still planning to run our regattas and clinics as scheduled, however we have made the difficult decision that there will no longer be a live-in component at the NZIODA clinics. We will try to arrange billets for those travelling from out of town where possible if the covid rules allow this at the time of the event. The South Island Clinic will still take place at the Queen Charlotte Yacht Club from 19-21st December, however the North Island Clinic’s venue has moved to Wakatere as they are the host club. The dates of 11 -14 January remain the same.
- If you wish to cancel your booking at a clinic please let us know by emailing email@example.com. You will be refunded the cost of the clinic minus $50 for your t-shirt and administration fee up until 1 month before each clinic commences. (T shirt will be sent to you). This will also apply if we are forced to cancel the clinics closer to the time due to Covid.
- There will be a part refund made to all clinic attendees due to accommodation costs being no longer necessary.
- More information will be sent out in the next couple of weeks directly to all sailors who are registered in either the North or South Island Clinics to advise further arrangements.
Let us hope that the situation is stable enough over the summer to allow these events to proceed safely. In the meantime stay safe and enjoy any time that you can get out on the water!!