In 2010 a group of five Optimist parents passionate about the class and its sailors got together, bid for, won, and organised the 2011 Optimist Worlds in Napier. This international regatta was a huge success and with the residual funds the OWNZ Trust was set up.
From this fund the OWNZ group then went on to gift 6 OWNZ Boats (as they are known) to be made available to hire for all NZIODA registered sailors who have paid their membership and who reside outside of the Auckland region. These are available at Auckland Regattas as well as the North Island Clinic.
Early bookings are advised to avoid disappointment. OWNZ Boats require a bond deposit of $200, an annual administration fee of $50 for the season, and a fee per event/regatta hire of $50.00. Please click here for further information and to reserve your boat for the 2021/2022 season.
Best wishes from the NZ International Optimist Dinghy Association,
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- Want to win a 1:1 Coaching Session with the Legendary Andrew Brown then please provide NZIODA with your feedback here
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season – open to all fleets
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022
You must be logged in to post a comment.