As some of you may know, Andrew Brown is leaving the position of NZIODA Secretary in December. We can’t thank Andrew enough for his hard work, enthusiasm and diligence in the role, and we wish him the very best of luck in the future.
This means we’re on the lookout for a new NZIODA Secretary! Some of the skills we’re looking for include great communication and knowledge management expertise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the Committee is aware of its legal responsibilities and that NZIODA is run in line within the correct legal framework
- Ensuring all relevant documents are filed in line with Government agencies and relevant sailing authorities viz. IODA YNZ
- Preparing the agenda for committee meetings in consultation with the President
- Making arrangements including venue, date, times or any required hospitality for NZIODA meetings
- Sending adequate notice of the meetings
Do you want to be involved in the number one sailing class in New Zealand? If this is you, then check out the full job description and apply here.
If you’d like to nominate someone, please complete this form.
Ideally, we’d like someone to step up between now and December to work closely with Andrew during a handover period.
It’s a voluntary, but very important, role in the organisation and the rewards are high. You can be based anywhere in New Zealand, get to work with a fantastic and supportive team and there’s no better way to meet other sailing families!
Still interested? We’d love to hear from you… and good luck!
The New Zealand International Optimist Dinghy Association
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season
- Picton, 19th to 21st December 2021 open to all fleets
- Auckland, 11th to 14th January 2022 open to all fleets register here
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022