We hope you’re all well.
Monday 13 September is the day South Island sailors can register for the NZIODA South Island Opti Clinic. Registrations are open currently for 30 places, so please hurry as spots do fill up fast.
This year’s clinic is hosted by the beautiful Queen Charlotte Yacht Club in Picton on 19-21 December 2021 and it’s going to be fantastic!
Not based in the South Island? Don’t worry. Here are the latest registration dates:
Monday 11 October
Open to Wellington regional sailors
Monday 18 October
Open to all sailors nationally
Friday 19 November
What better way to start the festive season in style? Take the whole family! Beautiful sailing and race experience in the Sounds for your young sailor, a real destination sail for many, and a beautiful holiday trip for the rest!
QCYC is also the host for the Interislander Regatta – NZIODA’s only ranking regatta apart from the nationals this season, so it’s wonderful prep for 2022!
This camp is suitable for Green, White and Open fleet sailors and the focus is on having fun and making friends, with top-class coaching from Kim Buchanan (NZIODA NZL team coach) working alongside Kate Overend (QCYC Head coach).
The cost is $350 and includes a non-refundable deposit of $50.00.
Come and join us! You’ll find all the details you need right here. Register here
Best wishes from the NZ International Optimist Dinghy Association,
PS: Coming soon, details of the North Island Opti Clinic
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season
- Picton, 19th to 21st December 2021 open to all fleets –
- Auckland, 11th to 14th January 2022 open to all fleets
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022