We’ve had a fantastic turnout over the last three events.
The fourth regatta in the six-stage Auckland Winter Sprint Series (AWSS) takes place at Wakatere on Saturday 14th August.
The AWSS is a six series regatta hosted around different Auckland sailing clubs:
Pt Chev 19th June
KYC 3rd July – OWNZ Boats available
MBSC 31st July
WBC 14th August
KYC 28th August – OWNZ Boats available
The last race in the series will be incorporated into the MBSC Icebreaker to be held Saturday 18th Sept 2021.
So, dust off those winter blues and get involved in one of Auckland’s most iconic winter sailing events! It’s fun and competitive and there’s no better or safer way for your young sailors to test themselves in winter conditions.
The AWSS is open to all boats of Optimist (Green and Open fleet) and entry is fee is $25 and payable at the respective club on the day. This also includes coaching by NZIODA Coaches.
Please be aware that only competitors who have paid the entry fee and are members of NZIODA will be eligible for inclusion.
Wakatere Boating Club
As always any parents wishing to assist will be greatly appreciated. For further clarification on any of these matter contact Andrew Brown on 027 222 5159.
12.30 pm NZIODA Coach Briefing
12.50 pm Race Briefing by WBC
1.30 pm Race Start
After racing NZIODA actively encourages sailors to stay for the debrief so that they can ask questions from the top sailors and watch the video footage from the day and learn together.
Want to view the current race results click here.
Check out the dedicated AWSS facebook page for this event here.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Best wishes from the NZ International Optimist Dinghy Association
- If your sailor has moved out of Optis, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove them from our database and we won’t send you an invoice for the upcoming season
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season
- Picton, 19th to 21st December 2021 open to all fleets
- Auckland, 11th to 14th January 2022 open to all fleets
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022