All the amazing stories we’ve witnessed at the Tokyo Olympic Games just show that with hard work, grit and perseverance we can all achieve our dreams!
Did you know that 75% of Olympic boat skipper medallists in Tokyo were under-16 Internationals in the Optimist Class? How about that?
We had to wait a long time for Tokyo, but the good news is that we only have to wait three years before Paris 2024! Then it’s Los Angeles in 2028. Always reach for the stars!
Image supplied by Robert Wilkes @wilkesail
Best wishes from the NZ International Optimist Dinghy Association
- If your sailor has moved out of Optis, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove them from our database and we won’t send you an invoice for the upcoming season
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season
- Picton, 19th to 21st December 2021 open to all fleets
- Auckland, 11th to 14th January 2022 open to all fleets
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022