NZL Team selection for the 2022 Asian and Oceanian Championships to be held in Yeosu, Korea from 29 April to 6 May 2022 will look a little different this coming season.
The NZIODA Committee will use the ranking list from the 2022 Interislander Regatta at QCYC from 18 to 20 February, 2022 as the main criteria for team selection. The reason behind this NZIODA decision is that the time schedule between Nationals and the team leaving to go to Korea is too tight.
NZIODA will then contact the top 30-ranked male sailors and the top 10 female sailors, and from this list, will select the top 10 highest-ranked sailors who accept the invitation.
Sailors who accept slots for the 2022 Asian and Oceanian Championship in Korea will need to attend the NZ Nationals in Napier 16 to 19 April as this will form part of their training before travelling overseas.
Please note that sailors will not be eligible for any other NZL Team such as Worlds etc (should teams be sent) after they have accepted their place on the Asian Team.
We know you’ll appreciate the flexible and fair approach we’re taking and the NZIODA Committee are cognisant of the global COIVD-19 situation. All teams travelling overseas will be entered based on the current NZ Government travel recommendations and a risk review by NZIODA.
We look forward to seeing you compete at the Interislander and NZ Nationals in 2022!
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- Interested in going to compete in Australia – remember to fill in the google form by 31 July, 2021
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season
- Picton, 19th to 21st December 2021 open to all fleets
- Auckland, 11th to 14th January 2022 open to all fleets
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022
You must be logged in to post a comment.