With the opening of the Trans-Tasman bubble, we have received some exciting invitations for our young sailors to attend some Optimist Regattas in Australia.
Hopefully by the time our sailors get to travel later in the year, there will not be any covid interruptions such as the case in Sydney presently, and the aftermath of the traveller visiting Wellington. These challenges and risks need to be recognised as part of any travel under the government bubble arrangements.
We are currently looking for expressions of interest from our sailing families to attend these regattas. Once we have established who is interested in taking up this opportunity then it will be over to the group of families to organise the logistics of travel and boat charter etc. It will also be up to these families to manage the covid risk that may be attached. NZIODA will NOT be providing any coaches to travel with this group.
The current Regattas that may be of interest to you are:
NSW Youth Champs
2-4 October 2021
Summer Optimist Regatta Sydney
Georges River Sailing Club
10-12 December 2021
9-16 January 2022
If you would like to be included in further correspondence regarding these opportunities please complete this google form by 31 July, 2021.
Best wishes from the NZ International Optimist Dinghy Association
- Are you following the NZIODA Facebook page?
- NZIODA Optimist Clinics 2021/2022 Season
- Picton, 19th to 21st December 2021 open to all fleets
- Auckland, 11th to 14th January 2022 open to all fleets
- NZIODA Ranking Regattas 2021/2022 Season
- Interislander Regatta, Picton 18th to 20th February 2022
- Optimist & Starling National Championships 16th to 19th April 2022